Sunday 1 July 2012

Summer Sparkle

I've been feeling summery this week and so today's card reflects that as the colours are warm and summery. Instead of a cute image I've gone for this lovely butterfly. I must admit I've had the papers a while, but have been reluctant to use them as they are so pretty and sparkly - I wanted to keep them to myself! Unfortunately they don't show up well in the photo.



I've used the sketch at Sweet Sketch Wednesday


Image - Creative Expressions stamp HH283E coloured with Promarkers & glittered with Hunkydory Diamond Sparkles 'Angel Whispers'
DPs - 'Summer Breeze' - Dovecraft
Roses - WOC
Pearls - Habico
Buckles cut using Memory Box die
Ribbon & brass butterfly brads from stash

Challenges:
'Things With Wings' - Whoopsi Daisy
'Anything Goes' - I ♥ Promarkers
Sketch - Sweet Sketch Wednesday
'Flutterby Butterfly' - Dutch Dare
'Summer Daze' - Joanna Sheen
'Things With Wings' - Dream Valley
'Sparkle' - Little Miss Muffet

16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Nat, I love your pretty papers and fab interpretation of the sketch.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful and elegant. I love the detail work you have added to your card. Gorgeous colors and embellishments. Thanks for sharing your card with us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous and all of the butterflies are very magical! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful and so neat too. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card! Beautiful papers and I am loving the MB die! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesdays.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! What a beautiful card! I love that butterfly and I can see why you want to keep the papers for yourself, that are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week!
    Erika SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! I love the color combo and the design! Thanks for sharing with us at Little Miss Muffet Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my this is absolutely stunning! That butterfly and your papers are gorgeous. This just takes my breath away! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at SSW!
    Sharon SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nat your card is very elegant. I love your wonderful colours, design papers and your great embellishments for the perfect finishing touch to your card. Great card and thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, there is so much gorgeousness here! Fabulous color and embellies! Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful butterfly creation!! Thanks for sharing at I ♥ Promarkers!!
    Hugs Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Nat, beautiful butterfly and those papers are gorgeous,
    hugs
    Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't blame you for wanting to hang on to those gorgeous papers but so glad you shared them with us. A beautiful composition to your card. Love the way you embellished.
    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday

    Patti SSW/DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really beautiful card. Love your papers and embellishments. Have a sweet day!!! Arlana@SSW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is gorgeous! Love those colors! Thanks so much for playing with us in the Dutch Dare Card Challenge this week!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, DT
    http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card, such pretty papers used - thanks for joining the Joanna Sheen Challenge.

    Wendy -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate any comments x