Friday 20 July 2012

In The Black

Today's card is a bit different from my norm, it's rare these days not see a stamped image on my cards, however I wanted to enter the Come & Get It Challenge this week as they have a sweet sketch and a stamped image didn't really fit. Mind you, by the time I get this posted I might be too late, where does the time go?! I love black & white, but couldn't resist a tiny splash of colour with the gem!


White card embossed with Cuttlebug's 'Divine Swirls' embossing folder
Papers - Papermania Capsule Collection
The squares (
'Inverted Scallops') and tag were cut using Spellbinders  dies 
The border ('Layered Arches') and butterfly were punched using Martha Stewart punches
Lace - WOC
Ribbon - Hobbycraft

Challenges:
Sketch - Come & Get It
'Use Black Cardstock' - Creative Card Crew

8 comments:

  1. Hi Nat, This is really pretty, love the papers you've used. Thanks for playing with our sketch over at Come and Get It.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Nat, love the elegance of the black and white, love the gem on the butterfly
    hugs
    Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is WOW. The black and white is just stunning.Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at Come And Get it Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Nat. Black and White together is a great combo. Great use of the sketch! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Come and Get It Challenges. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card!! Very stunning in black and white. Love all those special details you have added. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really lovely Nat. Very stylish. Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Card Crew this week and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh! Love the clear crisp lines and the contrast the b&w provides. Thanks for playing along with the Creative Card Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that different DP you have put as the main point of your card..lovely Lace too..great black and white card...good luck with the challenge

    I am also joining the challenge from Creative Card Crew my card is Nr. 88, would you mind to see it on my Blog? I would be so happy if you leave me some love :) many thanks before, hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate any comments x