Thursday 24 May 2012

All That Glitters

There is a new challenge blog on the block at J & C Creations and for their first monthly challenge they are asking us to use glitter. Now, before I discovered promarkers I never stamped and coloured, however there are very few cards I make now that don't feature a stamped image. So I thought it would be nice to have a change. This card features a layered glittered medallion in my favourite colour - pink! This technique was taught in the the first and only card-making class I ever took and after buying all the stuff (as you do!) it was good to get it all out and get messy! As usual, I wasn't impressed with my photo, the pink is quite salmony, but my actual card is more fuchsia pink, but you get the idea!

Image - 'The Royal Jewel' (rather apt at the moment!) medallion stamp - Creative Expressions
Glitter - 'Think Pink' Glitter & Sprinkles free with a magazine
White card embossed using a Cuttlebug embossing folder - 'Swiss Dots'
The background shape was cut using a Spellbinders die
The corners were cut using Martha Stewart's 'Layered Arches' punch
Pearl Buckles - Wild Orchid Crafts
Pink card, gem, peel offs, ribbon, pearls from stash

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Nat, medallions are lovely but time consuming especially when done with care like yours. Thank you for entering our J&C Creations first Challenge. Lots of luck, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, love the medallion on top of the die cut.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate any comments x