Sunday 12 September 2010

By the river





Today's card features a stamp I bought from LOTV a little while ago that I haven't used as I was unsure how to colour in the water. After a bit of a play I decided that none of my ink pads were quite the right blue and then I remembered my chalks that have been somewhat neglected recently and here is the result. I have also had a go at paper piecing with the 'sail'. I have followed the sketch at ICS, have used 'Stripes & Spots' for the challenge at Stamp Something and the image is just right for the 'One for the Boys' challenge at LOTV.

Image stamp - 'By the river' - LOTV coloured with Promarkers and chalks
Sentiment stamp - Kanban
Papers - Papermania Capsule Collection
Shapes cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities dies on the Cuttlebug
Finished with candy pips from my local craft shop.

3 comments:

  1. I love your card. Such a wonderful colour combination with a really beautiful stamp. Nicely done!!

    Greets, Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card and I so love the LOTV stamps. Thank you for joining us this week at ICS. Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabby sketch and papers and what a fabby idea using your chalks for the water, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate any comments x